After the break: from start, to finish...
This is the one I've been waiting and wanting to paint the most, because of the amount of conversion put into this guy. I came close to losing the side of my thumb cutting this guy apart, so now's the time where I get to see if it was worth it! I even named this bad boy before I started working on him: Tanfrwydr Mawr.
Intro layers of skintone. Since I've already painted up two of these bad boys here and here, I'm going to be focusing less on the step-by-step work of the layers, and more on the process of painting the same model for a third time.
First off, the first few layers of skintone. There's a trap that would be very easy to fall into with this model; specifically, painting it the way I painted the other two. Because of the conversion work that's been done, I can't just blindly follow the same highlight pattern I used before. There are similarities, but because the hips has been repositioned, the light is going to strike the model slightly differently. This is most visible in the tail, which actually turns upward as it gets closer to the tip. When highlighting the skin, I have to redo all the visualization in my head about where the light hits, and adjust accordingly.