I went with a green color because it's a safe color for me, and I wanted to pay homage to the creepy gas-breathing D&D Green Dragons.
The awkward writing on the base is a by-product of the way I chose to base him - that section of the base lifts out, and lets me mount Glaun in a 100mm x 50mm base for use in other gaming systems.
A reverse of Glaun. The rocks on his base are pine bark chunks, acquired from a local nursery. I used a razor saw to cut them to that angle, then mounted them on (and in) the base.
A close-up of Glaun's back and scales. This shot wasn't featured in the WAMP post, so you get to enjoy it here instead!
The back. The seam for the base division is very noticeable here, unfortunately. I was able to mask it from almost all other angles with rocks, but I really wanted to show off the back of the model, so it poked through here.
A reverse of the shading on his back and side. You can see how the rock blocks most of the line from the removable base. I love the subtlety of the shading along his ribs and hip.